Photo courtesy of Amazon and Disney.
Michael J. Fox played a former child actor turned struggling child actor agent named Mikey Chapman. But the better side of him is brought out when he becomes the agent of a snarky yet witty kid named Angie Vega, played by Christina Vidal. While it wasn't the best I've seen of Fox-- then again, I haven't seen a lot of roles that can beat his adventurous McFly days, it was good to see that like Dwayne Johnson in The Game Plan, he learned how to take care of family and himself at the same time when a little girl waltzed into his life. I'd say people would enjoy Angie and Mikey's chemistry, and I enjoyed Angie's quick witz and fiery spirit. And there were some times I enjoyed Fox's charming humor. If you ask me, maybe Fox did this to relfect on his own times as a kid with his son. Either way, the story seems familiar, like Annie and The Game Plan, and it's not the best light of Nathan Lane, Cyndi Lauper or young David Krumholtz, but it's still decent and heartwarming to give a whirl. Great job, Vidal and Fox!
Poster for 'Sarah's Oil.' Courtesy of Amazon MGM Studios. Naya Desir-Johnson triumphed as the eponymous character of Sarah's Oil . She channeled intelligence, comic relief, and proud spirit in her role as child oil baron Sarah Rector. I also enjoyed Zachary Levi's role as Sarah's business partner Bert Smith with his Southwestern charm and protectiveness over Sarah. You'll also appreciate the performance of Sonequa Martin-Green as Sarah's mother, the costume designing by Michael T. Boyd, the scoring by Kathryn Bostic, and the filming in Oklahoma where the story took place. In the early 1900s, Sarah Rector, played by Desir-Johnson, was granted land that, unbeknownst to people of power at the time, had crude oil gushing underneath the infertile land. With help wildcatter from Bert Smith, played by Levi, and her family, and eventually others in Oklahoma, Sarah shows certain racist people that she will stop at nothing to drill for that oil and make a great l...

Comments
Post a Comment